“When was the last time we audited billing and coding? Did that new physician sign her contract? We’re due for a survey soon, right?”
These are frequent questions swirling through the increasingly busy minds of compliance professionals. Compliance professionals are often stretched thin throughout their organizations because of the ever increasing role of compliance or because of dual responsibilities.
Don’t fret. Relief is here.
Baird Holm LLP is proud to announce its 2016 Baird Holm Compliance Manual. The 65-page comprehensive Manual is the first update to Baird Holm’s compliance materials to incorporate the rapidly changing world of compliance affecting health care organizations, providers, and suppliers. The all-inclusive Manual includes all of the necessary elements of a wide-ranging compliance program, including:
- Defining individual compliance roles and responsibilities in Acute Care and Critical Access Hospitals and other health organizations, large and small;
- Legal counsel’s role for internal and external investigations;
- Explanation, background and policies for the seven core compliance program elements;
- Updated tools and diagrams (e.g., risk assessment, scorecards, dashboards, and tracking documents and more);
- The latest changes impacting compliance programs including Medicare’s 60-Day Overpayment Rule, and guidance for governing boards from the American Health Lawyers Association and the Office of Inspector General;
- Sample policies;
- Collection of additional compliance program materials from the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Complimentary 60-Minute Webinar with Purchase of Compliance Manual!
Experienced compliance professionals are familiar with the worn out adage that a compliance program that collects dust on the shelf is just as effective as no compliance program. To help revamp, overhaul, or fine tune your compliance program, the purchase of the 2016 Baird Holm Compliance Manual also comes with a complimentary 60-minute webinar featuring Baird Holm attorney Julie Knutson and other Baird Holm attorneys.
With more than 20 years of experience advising health care organizations of all sizes, Julie brings invaluable insight into the ever increasing role and importance of health care compliance programs.
Contact Julie Knutson, Zach Buxton, or any Baird Holm attorney for additional details.