Leigh Campbell Joyce focuses her practice on all areas of employment litigation. Leigh defends employers in a wide range of workplace claims including employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, breach of contract, and disability actions. Leigh’s practice also includes representing public and private schools, including colleges and universities, in matters involving student rights and discipline, due process and civil rights claims, and compliance with federal laws such as FERPA and Title IX.
Leigh’s litigation experience includes cases brought before state, federal and appellate courts, as well as charges of discrimination before state and federal agencies. Leigh has also successfully defended employers in arbitrations and administrative hearings challenging the terminations of public employees.
Leigh is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, where she studied Political Science. After working in the social services field, she went on to earn her law degree from Boston University School of Law. Prior to joining Baird Holm LLP, Leigh worked at a boutique management-side labor and employment firm in Boston, Massachusetts.
Leigh is a member of the Massachusetts Bar and the Nebraska bar.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A., Political Science, 2007
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Child Saving Institute Executive Guild Board, Secretary
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association, Employment Law Section Vice-Chair
- Robert Spire Inn of Court
- Omaha Bar Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 2017
- Massachusetts, 2011
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2012
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, 2016
- United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2017
Selected Practice Highlights
- Obtaining decision in the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals affirming dismissal of disability, race, and gender discrimination claims against employer
- Successfully representing employers in various employment cases in federal and state courts, including obtaining numerous summary judgment orders for employers in discrimination cases
- Securing decisions upholding terminations of employees in advisory committee hearings before panels of their peers
- Obtaining “no reasonable cause” determinations in dozens of administrative charges of discrimination across the United States
- Achieving enforcement of agreements to arbitrate and assisting employers in arbitration proceedings pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association
- Successfully prosecuting an action to obtain injunctive relief and damages for former employee’s breach of non-compete agreement