Nicholas F. Miller concentrates his practice on trial and appellate advocacy, representing clients in complex commercial, contract, real estate, insurance, and finance disputes. After joining the Firm in 2016 and practicing in the real estate and financial transactions sections, Nick left to serve two federal judicial clerkships. From 2017 to 2019, he gained invaluable trial court experience clerking for the Honorable Judge Laurie Smith Camp, United States District Judge for the District of Nebraska. From 2019 to 2020, Nick gained his appellate court experience clerking for the Honorable Judge L. Steven Grasz, United States Circuit Judge for the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Following his clerkships, he rejoined Baird Holm’s litigation practice group, bringing with him over three years of experience working for the federal judiciary.
Nick earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Idaho and his law degree from Creighton University School of Law, magna cum laude. At Creighton, he was a member of the Creighton Law Review, and was elected Student Bar President by his classmates.
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016
- University of Idaho, B.S. Political Science, 2013
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Idaho State Bar Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2021
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2020
- Nebraska, 2016
- Idaho, 2020
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, 2016