Nick Rudman focuses his practice on representing clients in complex litigation matters. He has represented businesses of all sizes in a catastrophic fire, explosion, carbon monoxide poisoning and other high stakes litigation across the country. Nick has significant experience litigating commercial disputes, personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits, trucking accidents and transportation claims, premises liability claims, toxic torts, large-scale agricultural losses, and insurance coverage disputes. He also defends benefit plans including those governed by ERISA, in benefit denial claims as well as subrogation matters. Nick has been listed as a Rising Star in Wisconsin Super Lawyers (© 2010, 2012) and Great Plains Super Lawyers (© 2016, 2017, 2018).
Nick graduated from the Creighton University School of Law in 2008, cum laude, where he was on the editorial staff of the Creighton Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Board. Nick earned his master’s degree in Political Science from the University of Missouri.
- Creighton University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- University of Missouri, M.A., Political Science, 2002
- Washburn University, B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 2000
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Nebraska Claims Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 2013
- Wisconsin, 2008
- U.S. District Court-Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska, 2013
Selected Recent Publications
- “A ‘Gall-ing’ Approach to Reasonableness Review,” 40 Creighton L. Rev. 353.
- “No Longer a ‘Back Room’ Deal: Nontraditional Settlement Agreements Revealed,” Wisconsin Lawyer, April 2013, Vol. 86, No. 3, Co-Authored with Matthew R. Rosek and Andrew J. Christman
- “The Firefighter’s Rule: How to Respond to and Evaluate Fire Department Subrogation Claims Against Policy Holders,” Claims Management, November 2012, Co-Authored with Kendall Woodward
- “Limiting Liability and the Propane Retailer, ” Strictly Speaking-The Newsletter of the DRI Product Liability Committee, Spring 2009, Co-Authored with John V. McCoy and Chad R. Levanetz