William G. Dittrick’s practice is focused in the area of commercial litigation. He regularly assists clients with respect to commercial litigation and corporate governance and financial regulatory matters. He has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in multi-million dollar product liability and class action litigation. William has additional experience in the areas of white-collar criminal defense work and employment discrimination and is a certified mediator with the U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska.
William is the Past President of the Nebraska State Bar Association. He is a past member of the Nebraska Federal Practice Committee and a past President and Director for both the Nebraska Lawyers Trust Account Foundation and the Omaha Legal Aid Society.
In 1974, William has conferred a Juris Doctor from the University of Nebraska College of Law. While in law school, he served as Executive Editor of the Nebraska Law Review. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1969. From 1974 to 1976, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Warren K. Urbom, United States District Court for the District of Nebraska.
William has been a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 2001. Since 2005, William has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation and was named the Best Lawyers’ 2019 Bet-the-Company Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” for Omaha. He is also listed in Super Lawyers and Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for his work in litigation.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., 1974
- University of Nebraska, B.A., Business Administration, 1969
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Past President, Nebraska State Bar Association
- Past President, Nebraska Lawyer Trust Account Foundation
- Past President, Omaha, Nebraska Legal Aid Society Board of Directors
- Past President, Omaha, Nebraska Big Brothers Big Sisters Board of Directors
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers since 2001
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Member, American Bar Association
- Robert M. Spire Inns of Court, Omaha, Nebraska
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States Supreme Court, 1999
- Iowa, 1998
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1982
- Nebraska, 1974
- United States District Court of Nebraska, 1974