Zachary J. Buxton concentrates his practice on health care law. He represents hospitals, health care facilities, physician practices and other health care providers in regulatory, transactional and reimbursement matters.
Zach earned a Juris Doctor from Saint Louis University School of Law in 2014 with a certificate in health law. While there, he served as a staff editor (2012—2013) and a lead editor (2013—2014) of the Saint Louis University Journal of Health Law & Policy. His comment on the ACA’s changes to Community Benefit was published in the Spring 2014 issue of the journal. He was also a member of the Saint Louis University Health Law Association and earned two Academic Excellence awards in HIPAA Privacy Law and Theories of Health Law Seminar.
Also in 2014, Zach earned a Master of Health Administration, with distinction, from the Saint Louis University College for Public Health & Social Justice. He graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a Bachelor of Arts in English and Sports Psychology, cum laude, in 2009.
Areas of Practice
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Saint Louis University College for Public Health & Social Justice, Master of Health Administration, with distinction, 2014
- University of Northern Iowa, B.A., English and Sports Psychology, cum laude, 2009
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Community Bike Project (2016—present)
- American Health Lawyers Association (2014—present)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (2014—present)
- Iowa Society of Health Care Attorneys (2014—present)
- Health Care Compliance Association (2014—present)
Bar & Court Admissions
- Iowa, 2014
- Nebraska, 2015