Committee Releases Final Report to Create a Framework for a Nebraska Climate Action Plan
The 2016 Legislature adopted LR 455, which created a special committee to begin to formulate a plan to address climate change on Nebraska. The committee issued its final report on December 28, 2016. The committee’s recommendations include:
• authorizing a planning committee to create a data-driven climate action plan;
• expanding the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) program to include counties;
• removing a restriction that prevents Tesla from having a sales and service network in Nebraska;
• creating wind-friendly county designations;
• standardizing virtual net metering for community solar projects; and
• authorizing self-driving vehicles.
Senator Tyson Larson (R – O’Neil), co-chair of the committee, will introduce a resolution for the purpose of developing a climate action plan for Nebraska. Other state senators may introduce several other bills to address the committee’s recommendations.
For additional information regarding the LR 455 Special Committee or the report, contact David Levy or Garner Girthoffer.