Jennifer D. Tricker has significant first-chair experience effectively representing clients in a wide range of areas including freight and catastrophic transportation claims, medical device and product liability defense, real estate and construction cases, and complex commercial litigation. Jennifer also represents her clients at the appellate level, arguing before the Nebraska Court of Appeals and the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Jennifer is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, a member of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) and the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC). She has been recognized since 2013 by Benchmark Litigation as “Local Star,” a “Local Litigation Star”, and as one of the Top 250 Women in Litigation. She has further been named by Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” (2013—2016) and as a Great Plains Super Lawyer (2017—2018).
Jennifer received her Juris Doctor, with distinction, from the University of Nebraska in 2004, where she was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with distinction, Order of the Coif, 2004
- Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A., Psychology, 1998
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- USLAW Network
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Komen Great Plains
- Past President, Girls Inc. Board of Trustees
- Past President, Girls Inc. GirlFRIENDS Guild
- Board of Directors, USLAW NETWORK
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Selected Practice Highlights
- Acting as lead trial counsel for national transportation clients involved in freight disputes and catastrophic accidents
- Acting as lead trial counsel for a variety of Fortune 500 companies defending product liability claims
- Obtaining an $892,757 verdict in favor of defendant client (representing defendant’s fees and costs) after proving that the plaintiff committed fraud on the court by continually lying to the court, by manufacturing false documents, and in destroying and altering critical computer equipment relevant to the case
Representative Reported Cases
- Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s and Those Companies Severally Subscribing to Boeing Policy Number MARCW150053 and Related Policies Governing the Cargo v. Southern Pride Trucking, Inc., et al., 2018 WL 3158821 (D. Neb. 2018).
- Union Pac. R.R. v. Beemac Trucking LLC, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 61483, 2013 WL 1821020 (Neb. 2013).
- Prof’l Mgmt. Midwest, Inc. v. Lund Co., 284 Neb. 777, 826 N.W.2d 225 (2012).
- Omni Behavioral Health v. Neb. Foster Care Review Bd., 277 Neb. 641, 764 N.W.2d 398 (2009).
- Kabasinskas v. Haskin, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 53140, 2011 WL 1897546 (Neb. 2011).
- Credit Suisse Sec. (USA) LLC v. Hilliard, 469 F.Supp.2d 103 (SDNY 2007).
- Skidmore v. ACI Worldwide, Inc., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 64313, 27 I.E.R. Cas. (BNA) 1466 (Neb. 2008).
- Broad. Music, Inc. v. Ottis, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 133969, 2010 WL 5288106 (Neb. 2010).
Selected Recent Publications
- “Disorder or Disability? Mistaken Beliefs and the ADA,” American Bar Association’s Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee Newsletter, Fall/Winter 2007
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Double Take: Perspectives From Corporate Lawyers and Litigators on Key Contract Provisions,” Association of Corporate Counsel, 2017, Omaha, NE
- “Current Trends in Transportation Litigation,” USLAW Network, Law Mobile, Minneapolis, MN, 2017.
- “Spoliation: Don’t Throw Away Your Defense with the Evidence,” USLAW Network Exchange, October, 2017, Dallas, TX
- “It Ain’t What You Don’t Know That Gets You Into Trouble, It’s What You Know That Ain’t So….”, presentation to American Society of Safety Engineers and RIMS Omaha Chapter, 2016, Omaha, NE
- “The Employee Witness in a ‘Botched’ Accident Investigation, USLAW Network Client Conference, Spring 2015, San Antonio, TX.
- “Mobile Device Geo-Tracking, They Know Where You are; They Know Where You’ve Been; (They Have a Pretty Good Idea Where You’re Going),” USLAW Network Client Conference, Spring 2014, Miami Beach, FL
- “Responding to a Catastrophic Event,” USLAW Network Women’s Collection, 2013, Napa, CA
- “Utilizing your iPad at Trial,” DRI Annual Meeting, 2013, Chicago, IL
- “Rapid Response in the Retail Industry,” CLM Regional Meeting, 2012, Orlando, FL.