Jennifer D. Tricker has significant first-chair experience effectively representing clients in a wide range of areas including complex commercial litigation, medical device and product liability defense, freight and catastrophic transportation claims, and real estate and construction cases. Jennifer also represents her clients at the appellate level, arguing before the Nebraska Court of Appeals and the Nebraska Supreme Court.
Jennifer presently serves as the Chair of the Firm’s Litigation section.
Jennifer is currently a member of the USLAW Network Board of Directors and its Executive Committee, a member of the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC), the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), and a Fellow in both the Litigation Counsel of America, and the American Bar Foundation. She has been recognized by Chambers USA as a lead litigator in Nebraska for General Commercial Litigation, and by Benchmark Litigation as a “Local Star,” a “Local Litigation Star,” and as one of the Top 250 Women in Litigation. She has further been named by Super Lawyers, a Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney and as a Great Plains Super Lawyer.
Jennifer received her Juris Doctor, with distinction, from the University of Nebraska in 2004, where she was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Areas of Practice
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with distinction, Order of the Coif, 2004
- Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A., Psychology, 1998
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Board of Directors, USLAW NETWORK
- Executive Committee, USLAW NETWORK
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America (LCA)
- Fellow, American Bar Association
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- Past President, Girls Inc. Board of Trustees
- Past President, Girls Inc. GirlFRIENDS Guild
- Past Member Board of Directors, Komen Great Plains
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Selected Practice Highlights
- Lead trial counsel for a variety of Fortune 500 companies defending product liability, including medical device, claims
- Successful representation of numerous national transportation clients defending multi-million dollar freight disputes and catastrophic accidents
- Representation of a wide variety of clients in complex construction disputes
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Global Supply Chains: Were Businesses Asleep at the Wheel at the Beginning of the Pandemic and How to Avoid Similar Issues Next time, USLAW Network Spring Conference, Colorado Springs, CO, 2021.
- What Would You Tell Your 25-Year-Old Self About Pursuing a Career in the Legal Field, USLAW Network Women’s Connection Conference, Park City, UT, 2021
- Women, the Legal Profession, and Client Development: Common Obstacles and How to Overcome Them, USLAW Network Women’s Connection Exchange, Atlanta, GA, 2019
- Avoiding the Crisis Developing Within Your Case: When Lack of the Latest Technology is Used Against the Motor Carrier, USLAW Network Spring Conference, Scottsdale, AZ, 2018.
- “Double Take: Perspectives From Corporate Lawyers and Litigators on Key Contract Provisions,” Association of Corporate Counsel, 2017, Omaha, NE
- “Current Trends in Transportation Litigation,” USLAW Network, Law Mobile, Minneapolis, MN, 2017.
- “Spoliation: Don’t Throw Away Your Defense with the Evidence,” USLAW Network Exchange, October, 2017, Dallas, TX
- “It Ain’t What You Don’t Know That Gets You Into Trouble, It’s What You Know That Ain’t So….”, presentation to American Society of Safety Engineers and RIMS Omaha Chapter, 2016, Omaha, NE
- “The Employee Witness in a ‘Botched’ Accident Investigation, USLAW Network Client Conference, Spring 2015, San Antonio, TX.
- “Mobile Device Geo-Tracking, They Know Where You are; They Know Where You’ve Been; (They Have a Pretty Good Idea Where You’re Going),” USLAW Network Client Conference, Spring 2014, Miami Beach, FL
- “Responding to a Catastrophic Event,” USLAW Network Women’s Collection, 2013, Napa, CA
- “Utilizing your iPad at Trial,” DRI Annual Meeting, 2013, Chicago, IL
- “Rapid Response in the Retail Industry,” CLM Regional Meeting, 2012, Orlando, FL.
Representative Reported Cases
- Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s and Those Companies Severally Subscribing to Boeing Policy Number MARCW150053 and Related Policies Governing the Cargo v. Southern Pride Trucking, Inc., et al., 2018 WL 3158821 (D. Neb. 2018).
- Union Pac. R.R. v. Beemac Trucking LLC, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 61483, 2013 WL 1821020 (Neb. 2013).
- Prof’l Mgmt. Midwest, Inc. v. Lund Co., 284 Neb. 777, 826 N.W.2d 225 (2012).
- Omni Behavioral Health v. Neb. Foster Care Review Bd., 277 Neb. 641, 764 N.W.2d 398 (2009).
- Kabasinskas v. Haskin, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 53140, 2011 WL 1897546 (Neb. 2011).
- Credit Suisse Sec. (USA) LLC v. Hilliard, 469 F.Supp.2d 103 (SDNY 2007).
- Skidmore v. ACI Worldwide, Inc., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 64313, 27 I.E.R. Cas. (BNA) 1466 (Neb. 2008).
- Broad. Music, Inc. v. Ottis, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 133969, 2010 WL 5288106 (Neb. 2010).