Jon E. Blumenthal represents clients with respect to real estate and secured lending, including the purchase and sale of real estate, sanitary and improvement districts, construction planning, financing matters, foreclosures, leasing, bankruptcy/workouts and insolvency matters. He also advises clients regarding general business issues.
Jon is a 1996 graduate of the University of Kansas School of Law. He served on the Nebraska State Bar Association’s Real Estate Practice Guidelines Committee from 2002—2009, and completed the Nebraska State Bar Association’s inaugural Leadership Academy in 2007.
In 2015, the American College of Real Estate Lawyers elected Jon as a Fellow. Since 2010, Jon has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the field of real estate law, and is also listed in Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (© 2013). In 2004, Jon was named one of Ten Outstanding Young Omahans by the Omaha Jaycees, and was also a recipient of the 2004 Midlands Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Award. Jon served as the Firm’s hiring partner from 2003—2007.
Areas of Practice
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Iowa, B.A., Political Science, 1993
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 1996
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska, 1996
- Iowa, 2003
Selected Practice Highlights
- Past Chair of NSBA Real Estate annual CLE seminar and steering committee member of Omaha Commercial Real Estate Summit
- Advising numerous businesses regarding real estate sale, purchase, land use and leasing issues, including large retail and industrial centers
- Representing the developer of Nebraska’s first privately developed C-BED wind energy projects, including an 80 megawatt wind project in Bloomfield, Nebraska
- Representing banks and insurance companies in connection with secured loans totaling in excess of $500 million
- Representing franchisor in 40-site real estate sale
- Successfully handling numerous bankruptcy cases for creditors
- Representing one of Omaha’s fastest-growing companies with respect to the purchase of its new manufacturing facility
- Representing one of Omaha’s largest companies with respect to its corporate headquarters relocation