Baird Holm attorneys represent lenders, borrowers, and investors in connection with a broad range of commercial financing transactions of all sizes and complexities. We have drafted and negotiated loan documents for a variety of commercial loans from revolving lines of credit from a single lender to a single borrower, to multi-site and multi-borrower commercial real estate loans, to billion dollar syndicated deals, and everything in between. We have also managed every element of due diligence for these commercial loans, including uniform commercial code searches, review of title insurance, survey, and environmental site assessments, analysis of leases and drafting and negotiating tenant estoppels and SNDAs, and review of supply agreement and other contracts related to the borrower’s business operations.
Our lender clients include local, regional, and national banks, insurance companies, credit unions, and other institutional lenders. Our borrower clients include individuals and businesses of all sizes and in a variety of industries.
Baird Holm attorneys are skilled at managing complex national deals while incorporating Midwestern pragmatism so that we can offer practical, cost-effective legal solutions that benefit clients of all sizes. This unique combination enables us to provide affordable, efficient counsel to large national banks that rivals our competitors on the coasts, while also leveraging this knowledge to benefit our local community bank clients.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in a broad array of commercial lending transactions, including, but not limited to:
- Secured and Unsecured Agricultural Lending
- Commercial Real Estate Term Loans
- Construction and Permanent Financing
- Commercial and Industrial Lending
- Acquisition Financing
- Tax Credit Equity Bridge Financing
- Revolving Lines of Credit
- Leveraged Financings
- Loan Participations
- Syndicated Loan Transactions
- Mezzanine Loans
- Letters of Credit
Commercial real estate and construction lending experience includes medical office buildings, senior living facilities, hotels, apartment complexes, townhomes, office buildings and renewable energy projects, including:
- $16 million term loan for the acquisition of a senior living facility
- $70 million term loan secured by a cold storage facility
- $89 million multiple advance term loan for the acquisition and renovation of a multi-building office complex
- $40 million loan for the construction of an apartment complex
- $59 million loan for the construction of a senior living facility
- $17.5 million loan for the construction of a research and development facility
- $15 million loan for the construction of an office building
Asset-based lending in a variety of industries, including without limitation sports and restaurant franchises, retailers, manufacturing companies, construction companies, tax lien purchasers and transportation companies.
- $3 million revolving line of credit secured by stock of a privately-held company
- $185 million revolving line of credit to provide working capital to a transportation company