Lawrence (Larry) E. Kritenbrink’s practice focuses on real estate, construction, and commercial financing law. He represents lenders, project owners, investors, contractors and design professionals in connection with the sale and purchase of real estate, real estate leasing, mortgage financing, construction contracts, mechanics’ liens and bond claims, and construction disputes.
Larry is rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell and was selected by his peers and clients for Chambers USA (© 2013). Since 2008, Larry has been selected by his peers for inclusion The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Banking and Finance Law, Construction Law, and Real Estate Law. Larry was selected as Best Lawyers’ Omaha Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year in 2016 and as the Omaha Construction Law Lawyer of the Year in 2013.
From 1979—1983, Larry practiced architecture with an Omaha architectural firm. Currently, he is a Registered Professional Architect and a member of the American Institute of Architects.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1986
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln, B.A., Architectural Studies, 1978
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Institute of Architects
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 1986
Selected Practice Highlights
- Representing insurance companies in connection with mortgage loans totaling in excess of $2 billion
- Representing a lender in connection with $110,000,000 construction loan/permanent financing for 124-acre greenhouse and associated packing facility
- Representing a developer in connection with land acquisition and entitlements for $200 million data center project
- Acting as the lead developer of several automated HotDocs® loan documentation systems used by clients in connection with the documentation of commercial real estate loans
Selected Recent Publications
- “Chapter 28 – Nebraska Construction and Design Law.” A State-by-State Guide to Construction and Design Law – Current Statutes and Practices, Second Edition. American Bar Association, 2009