Nick Buda’s practice focuses on creditors’ rights and commercial litigation, the Uniform Commercial Code, commercial real estate disputes, construction law, and appellate advocacy. He routinely assists lending and financial institutions with working out problematic loans and collecting overdue commercial accounts. Further, he has experience advising clients with respect to commercial real estate and construction law disputes, including construction liens, construction defects, landlord-tenant disputes, quiet title actions, and boundary disputes.
Nick has represented the interests of his clients in courtrooms throughout Nebraska, Iowa, and Colorado, as well as the Nebraska Appellate Courts. He places an emphasis on building relationships with his clients and in providing them with the efficient and effective representation necessary to solve their most complex legal issues. Nick has been recognized by Super Lawyers who has named him a “Rising Star” in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Nick is a native of Omaha, Nebraska. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 2012. While in law school, Nick was the recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Civil Clinic and Outstanding Civil Clinical Student Award. Nick earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 2009.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., 2012
- University of Nebraska at Omaha, B.S., Business Administration, 2009
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2022
- Colorado, 2021
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa, 2017
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska, 2013
- Nebraska, 2013
- Iowa, 2012
Representative Reported Cases
- First State Bank Nebraska v. MP Nexlevel, LLC, 307 Neb. 198, 948 N.W.2d 708 (2020)
- Heineman v. Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Soc’y, 300 Neb. 187, 188, 912 N.W.2d 751, 753 (2018)
Selected Recent Publications
- “Counselor’s Corner: A Victory for Secured Lenders.” Barmettler, Buda, Tomjack. Nebraska Banker Magazine (2022)