P. Scott Dye’s practice is concentrated in the areas of real estate and construction including acquisition and sale of real property, leasing, zoning and planning, and construction contracting. He deals extensively with public bidding and public contracting. He also works in the areas of secured and unsecured lending, and general corporate representation.
Scott is a member of the Omaha Bar Association, the Nebraska State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He is a member and past president of the Omaha Executives Association and currently serves as Secretary. He previously served on the Board of Directors of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Nebraska and was Chairman of the Board. He has rejoined that board and now serves as Corporate Secretary. He is a frequent lecturer to local and regional organizations on a variety of topics including real estate, leasing, construction, bidding, and lending. Since 2003, Scott has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Construction Law and Real Estate Law. He has also been listed in Chambers USA (© 2013) since 2004 and Super Lawyers (© 2013).
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 1971
- University of Nebraska, B.A., 1968
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- CREW Midwest, Hall of Fame Member
- Midwest Real Estate News 2013 Hall of Fame
- HELP Adult Services, Board Member 2007—2012
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Nebraska, Board Member 1998—2004; 2011—present
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Omaha Executives Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 1971
Selected Practice Highlights
- Representing real estate interests for local school district and hospital system for more than 30 years
- Representing a large publicly held company in the redevelopment of a 140-acre former horse racing facility into a business park and college campus expansion
- Representing a manufacturing client in the development of a large industrial site, including acquisition of property, subdivision and rezoning, tax increment financing and construction contracting
- Representing a client in the $165,000,000 sale and leaseback of a casino and race track facility
- Representing the owner in the subdivision and sale of 223-acre industrial site and the subsequent sale of the property. This representation involved platting of a single owner property into separate lots for multiple ownership, negotiating with the City regarding public rights of way as well as zoning and development matters, establishing a property owner’s association and selling portions of the site and the improvements
- Representing a banking client in a secured lending transaction involving more than 20 hotel properties in five states
- Successfully negotiating an agreement with the City of Omaha for construction and operation of a joint public school, public library and city community recreational facility. This facility will be in excess of 100,000 square feet and will provide for joint use by all parties of certain areas in the building and for sharing of costs of operation and maintenance. It is the first agreement of its kind in Omaha for a public school district
- Representing numerous hospital clients in the design and construction contract preparation and negotiations for new hospital facilities, including new hospitals, new patient tower additions, medical office buildings and clinics.