Sara A. McCue’s practice focuses on employment and fair housing compliance, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and public accommodations law. She represents and counsels housing providers, property management companies, the affordable housing industry, educational institutions, and employers in various industries. Sara provides day-to-day compliance advice, assists in policy creation and revision, and conducts internal workplace investigations. In addition, Sara represents clients in the defense of administrative claims, such as complaints filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Office for Civil Rights, and other federal, state, and local agencies.
Sara is an experienced public speaker and trainer. She regularly provides fair housing compliance training on a number of topics, including discrimination and harassment claims under the Fair Housing Act, the Violence Against Women Act, and more. She also conducts workplace training on harassment prevention, reasonable accommodations, and other topics.
Since 2022, Sara has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch® in the field of Labor and Employment Law Management.
Sara received her Juris Doctor, with distinction, from the University of Nebraska College of Law, where she was the Editor in Chief of the Nebraska Law Review. She graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a Bachelor of Journalism in News-Editorial and Broadcasting, with highest distinction.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2014
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Bachelor of Journalism in News-Editorial and Broadcasting, with highest distinction, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 2014
- United States District Court for the District of Nebraska, 2014
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Human Resources Association of the Midlands
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association House of Delegates
Selected Practice Highlights
- Successfully argued appeal on behalf of business in public accommodations case before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Obtaining numerous decisions in favor of employers and housing providers in administrative matters alleging discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, and disability
- Providing fair housing training across the country to property management companies and the affordable housing industry