105th Nebraska Legislature Bill Introduction
March 8, 2017, is Day 43 of the 1st Session of the 105th Nebraska Legislature. The full body has achieved very little, but committee hearings are in full swing. Here is a list of recent or upcoming relevant committee hearings and our positions on behalf of our clients:
- Tax Increment Financing (LBs 262, 489, and 597): February 21 (oppose)
- Energy (LB 547): February 23 (oppose)
- Tax Increment Financing (LBs 95 and 496 and LR16CA): February 28 (oppose, support, support)
- Energy (LB 504): March 1 (oppose)
- Tax Equalization and Review Commission (LBs 322, 385, and 555): March 1 (support with amendments, support, neutral)
- State Historic Tax Credits (LBs 272 and 475): March 3 (support, oppose)
- State New Market Tax Credits (LB 528): March 3 (support)
Here is a chart of the bills we are following related to economic development, energy, liquor, municipal law, real estate, tax increment financing, taxes and the Tax Equalization Review Commission, and water. Copies of all bills are available on the Nebraska Legislature’s website at http://www.nebraskalegislature.gov/bills/.
Please contact us if you have questions about these bills or any others. Thank you.