Beware Of The Scams!
On Monday, April 13, we learned that the Justice Department was bringing charges against a broker who claimed to have access to 39 million N-95 masks and was offering to sell them for $750 million, but the masks did not exist.
CNBC reported that Americans have already lost $13 million to fraud.
Please be wary of any:
- Unsolicited offers to apply for government funded loans through the CARES Act;
- Unsolicited offers to help obtain government tax rebate or stimulus check;
- Sell any supplies which are in short supply such as N-95 masks, sanitizer, or PPE;
- Donate to newly funded charities – research the company or charity before giving;
- Help managing retirement accounts in this time of stock markets swings;
- Newly created website offering services or cures;
- Unsolicited calls, texts, or phishing emails.
Some helpful links for information are:
If you have questions about a service, a site, or a scam please contact a Baird Holm attorney.