Your business has gone global and you need a firm capable of providing outstanding service wherever your venture takes you. Baird Holm’s international practice encompasses a broad cross section of attorneys who have extensive experience in complex international transactions. To expand our reach, Baird Holm is the exclusive member firm in Nebraska for Lex Mundi – the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide.
At Baird Holm, you are provided the international reach you need, coupled with the same extraordinary client service, experience and unwavering ethics you have come to expect from us here in Omaha. The firm combines extensive experience in complex international transactions and dispute resolution, with a global network of premier law firms capable of providing you in-depth local market knowledge and legal expertise practically anywhere your legal needs arise.
Our attorneys experience in complex international transactions includes the following types of engagements:
- Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Private Equity
- Project Finance and Commercial Debt Financing
- Concession Agreements and Privatizations
- Commodity Monetization and Government Aid Funding Programs
- Intellectual Property and Technology Licensing
- International Tax
- E-Commerce and Cyber Security
- Export/Import, Supply, Distribution and Sales Representative Agreements
- Immigration/VISA Compliance
- Arbitration and Other Dispute Resolution
In-Depth Local Market Knowledge
We understand that doing international business requires that we think internationally. Our lawyers have lived and worked abroad and appreciate the importance of understanding the business, economic, cultural and political context of the places where you do business.
As part of the Lex Mundi global network, we can provide our clients with preferred access to more than 21,000 lawyers around the world—all from a single point of contact. Individually, each Lex Mundi member firm is a leader in its local market. Collectively, Lex Mundi firms provide global legal resources with unmatched depth and breadth. Working with other Lex Mundi firms, we are able to seamlessly handle our clients’ most challenging cross-border transactions and disputes.
Taking the Lead in Agribusiness Globalization
Nowhere is globalization more evident than in the agribusiness sector that dominates the Midlands. With the growing importance of food security and water management throughout the world, capital is now being focused on agribusiness development throughout the emerging and frontier markets.
Agribusinesses located in the Midlands are seizing the initiative with foreign direct investment, as well as exporting equipment, technology and management expertise to every corner of the world. Baird Holm is taking the lead in advising agribusiness firms as they pursue opportunities in the major regions of agricultural development. With expertise in both emerging market private equity and non-traditional finance from sources such as OPIC, USAID and others, we are well-positioned to provide the know-how to get transactions done where there are unique country and market risks.
Recent representation includes:
- A Midlands-based food company establishing joint ventures to distribute a product in each of China, India and Mexico
- A Midlands-based manufacturing company to distribute product, and produce private-label products for distribution, in several countries in Latin-America
- A consortium of Midlands-based companies establishing a joint venture in China
- A Midlands-based investor establishing a joint venture with a Central European food producer in order to create a supply chain for a commodity
- A Midlands-based manufacturer establishing distribution in the China and the Philippines
- A Midlands-based monetization agent acting on behalf of numerous NGOs to sell thousands of metric tons of commodities into various African countries pursuant to an awards under the USDA Food For Progress Program