Ari’s practice focuses on intellectual property and technology law, and in her intellectual property practice, Ari focuses on patent law. As a registered patent attorney, Ari works with her clients, who range from start-up ventures to established companies, to determine the best and most comprehensive way to protect their intellectual property from every angle, including patent, copyright, and trademark protection. She applies her undergraduate degree in Biochemistry to provide unique assistance to clients who are involved in the biotech industry.
In Ari’s technology practice, she assists client with a wide range of technology and privacy matters including negotiating agreements for software development and licensing, technology acquisition, e-commerce and domain name and other Internet related conflicts. She also assists clients in addressing privacy regulatory matters that are often implicated by technology, including CCPA, COPPA, SOPIPA, and GDPR compliance.
Ari earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Nebraska College of Law, with distinction, in 2013. Ari grew up in Alaska, and moved to Nebraska to compete for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in cross country and track and field.
Areas of Practice
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2013
- University of Nebraska, BS, Biochemistry, with distinction, 2010
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Bio Nebraska, Board of Directors
- The Wellbeing Partners, Board of Directors
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 2013
- Colorado, 2014
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska, 2013
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2013 Reg. No. 70,535
Selected Practice Highlights
- Extensive experience negotiating technology contracts and license agreements on both the vendor and customer side
- Building trademark and patent portfolios for companies
- Counseling companies across industries with regard to compliance obligations under state, federal, and international privacy regimes