Eli Rosenberg counsels both industry leading and start-up FinTech companies as well as financial institutions with respect to their financial services products. Eli routinely advises clients on numerous financial services issues including electronic banking, merchant-acquiring, electronic fund transfer, credit card, debit card, and prepaid card businesses. He also assists clients with state and federal regulatory compliance and other regulatory matters including money transmitter/money service business licensing issues. Additionally, Eli leads financial services clients in contracting with service providers and negotiates services agreements and independent sales organization, BIN, agent bank, and association contracts. Notably, Eli serves as regulatory counsel to the Innovative Payments Association and works closely with industry leaders and government regulators on emerging issues facing financial services providers.
Eli received his Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas School of Law in 2012, where he served as a member of the Moot Court Council and as Note and Comment Editor of the Kansas Law Review. He is a recipient of the Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif 2012
- Missouri State University, M.B.A., Beta Gamma Sigma, 2009
- University of Kansas, B.A., with distinction, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 2013
Selected Recent Publications
- “Data Security and Privacy Law,” Chapter editor, Thomson Reuters, 2018 Ed.
- “Electronic Payment Systems: Law & Emerging Technologies,” Chapter editor, American Bar Association, 2018.
- “The CFPB’s Prepaid Rule: Positive Changes & Compliance Challenges,” Pay Magazine, Spring 2017.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “NBPCA Prepaid Compliance Bootcamp,” Presenter, Sept. 12, 2018, Atlanta, Georgia.
- “Legal Implications of Blockchain and Virtual Currency, Presenter, Nebraska IT Symposium,” May 22, 2018, Omaha, Nebraska.
- “Central Payments’ Happy Hour with the Experts,” Presenter, January 28, 2018, Washington D.C.
- “CFPB Prepaid Account Rule Implementation Challenges,” Presenter, Power of Prepaid, June 22, 2017, Washington D.C.