T. Randall (Randy) Wright concentrates his practice on creditors’ rights, bankruptcy and commercial litigation. He frequently represents lenders and other creditors, as well as purchasers of assets out of bankruptcy, and in some situations, debtors or trustees in bankruptcy. He has courtroom experience in state, federal and bankruptcy courts throughout the Midwest. Currently, he is licensed to practice in Nebraska, Iowa and the U.S. Tax Court.
Randy is past Chairman of the Agricultural Finance Subcommittee of the Business Section, American Bar Association. He is a former faculty member of the American Law Institute’s course of study on partnerships and limited liability companies. He is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute.
Randy is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy and creditors’ rights issues. Since 2007, Randy has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Bankruptcy, Creditor-Debtor Rights and Litigation and was named the Best Lawyers’ 2018 Litigation – Bankruptcy “Lawyer of the Year” for Omaha and has been listed in Great Plains Super Lawyers.
- University of Nebraska School of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln, B.A., Journalism, 1977
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Nebraska Bar Association
- Iowa Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- Iowa, 1998
- Nebraska, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1986
- United States Tax Court, 1997
Selected Practice Highlights
- In re Brodkey Bros., U.S. Bankruptcy NE, 2013. President of debtor company entitled to subrogation claim on debtor’s cash proceeds as result of pre-bankruptcy payments to debtor’s lender
- In re Great Platte River Road Memorial Foundation, U.S. Bankruptcy, NE, 2013. Non-profit debtor entitled to confirmation of plan reorganizing 20 million in bond debts and other obligations
- In re Skyline Manor, U.S. Bankruptcy, NE 2014. Counsel to trustee of large senior care facility in Chapter 11.
Selected Recent Publications
“Bankruptcy Issues in Partnership and Limited Liability Company Cases” published in the ALI-ABA Course Materials Journal (Feb. 2000)