Hannes D. Zetzsche focuses on water, energy, and natural-resources law. He also practices in the areas of real-estate development, administrative law, real-property law, and associated permitting issues. He represents clients in developing, financing, acquiring, leasing, and selling land and natural resources. He also assists clients with environmental compliance and negotiations with regulators.
Hannes grew up in Oregon, where he attended the University of Portland. After college, he managed a 1,500-acre hay farm in central Oregon. He then moved to Nebraska to attend law school. At the University of Nebraska College of Law, Hannes earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in five subjects (administrative law, civil clinic, environmental law, Native American law, and water law) and was named the Civil Clinic Student of the Year. He also helped to lead the law school’s environmental and equal-justice societies, served as a junior staff editor on the University of Denver Water Law Review, and was recognized by the Nebraska State Bar Association as an outstanding law-student advocate.
Before joining the firm, Hannes worked as a judicial clerk to the Chief Justice of the Nebraska Supreme Court, Hon. Michael G. Heavican.
Areas of Practice
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., with high distinction, concentration in Real Estate and Water Law, 2020
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Visiting Student with Emphasis in Natural Resources Law, 2019
- University of Portland, B.A., cum laude, Rhetoric and German, 2016
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
Bar & Court Admissions
- Nebraska, 2020
- US District Court, District of Nebraska, 2020