Kelli P. Lieurance is a partner who focuses on labor and employment law compliance, assisting employers with proactive, rather than just defensive, compliance efforts. Her practical approach not only offers clients a realistic view of their legal obligations, but also assists clients in implementing such obligations in a way that best suits their business needs.
Kelli received her Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas School of Law in 2005, where she was awarded the Justice Lloyd Kagey Leadership Award. While in law school she served as Senior Publications Editor for the Kansas Journal of Law: Public Policy and was a Student Bar Association Officer and Class President. She received a Bachelor of Arts in English, with honors and distinction, from the University of Kansas in 2002. Kelli’s legal work within employment and labor law was recognized by Super Lawyers, who named her a “Rising Star” from 2014-2020. In 2021, Kelli was selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in the field of Employment Law.
Kelli advises and trains clients on general day-to-day employment issues, including those related to the FLSA, FMLA, and other federal and state regulations. She also advises and defends employers on EEO matters, and prior to joining the firm, served as a legal intern for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Office of Federal Operations, in Washington D.C. She develops and has successfully defended many Affirmative Action Programs before the OFCCP, and counsels clients on all aspects of Affirmative Action compliance. Kelli also focuses on the implications of technology and social media use in the workplace, and advises employers on how best to protect themselves.
Kelli currently leads the Best Places to Work in Omaha initiative, founded by Baird Holm.
Areas of Practice
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Kansas, B.A., English, with honors and distinction, 2002
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- SHRM Nebraska dba HR Nebraska State Council, Director (2019-2020), Past Director (2021-2022)
- Human Resources Association of the Midlands, Executive Board Member, 2016 President
- ICAN Women’s Leadership Conference Advocacy Committee Member, 2012-2018
- University of Kansas School of Law Board of Governors, 2015-2022
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association and its Labor and Employment and Young Lawyers sections
- TeamMates Mentoring Program, Mentor (2008-2010)
- ICAN Influence Program, Graduate (2009-2010)
- APDA – Hand in Hand: Linking Lives for Parkinson’s, Committee Member (2009-2011)
- University of Kansas Alumni Association, Omaha Chapter, Steering Committee Member
- Midlands Industry Liaison Group (ILG), Member
Bar & Court Admissions
- Iowa, 2005
- Nebraska, 2006
Selected Practice Highlights
- Advising and representing employers on EEO matters against and in front of numerous state and federal equal employment agencies
- Developing and successfully defending several Affirmative Action programs before the OFCCP
- Advising clients on compliance issues relating to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and other federal and state regulations
- Conducting in-depth investigations into workplace conduct issues
- Providing comprehensive training for management and employees on Affirmative Action obligations, harassment, social media, and effective documentation, amongst other hot topics